Saturday, March 18, 2006

 

Gossett Hardware

This is the front counter at Gossett Hardware on Cogswell Avenue. Mr. Gossett tells me that the cameras in this case are just the overflow of a larger collection. There are some cool pieces in there. (I wonder if he wants a burned out HP945 digital? Maybe I could trade for a Brownie.)

Gossett's is a family business that, I believe, has sold hardware in PC for about three decades. Now, however, they are closing the hardware store and pursuing other businesses.

So long Gossett Hardware, and good luck in the future.

Comments:
man that is sad! i spent lots of time in that hardware store with my dad...even went to school with jeremy...guess no one can really compete with home depot(that's moving in soon right?)
 
You are right about HD and I guess that had a lot to do with their decision. In the short time I have been here I have also liked shopping here.
 
Thanks for the wishes! I'm very proud of my family for taking this huge step in a very unfamiliar direction. It will be tough at first, but it is only for the best. Mom and Pop shops just cannot survive anymore.

Thank you again..
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?